Sunday, September 13, 2009

Re-cap 9/7/09-9/13/09

Week 1 of the blog went quickly, and I imagine that's because it's been a very busy week. Here are some of the things I've been up to:

-Spent six hours in the EMS studio at UIUC and listened to some killer award-winning music written on the Kurzweil K2000. I also spent time programming and creating 12 instruments. My goal is around 100 by October 1st. Oh, and here's a link to the lab if you're interested.

-Emailed several recording studios in Chicago and a local place about internship opportunities in the future. I need to get that foot in the door! Unfortunately, Pogo Studios in Champaign doesn't have any available, so enrolling in Mark Rubel's class will my next option. Oh, here's a video of Mark that I linked on my Facebook page in case you didn't get to see it:



-I also enrolled as a student member of the Audio Engineering Society, which I've permanently linked on the right column. It contains tons of information for audiophiles, including conference notes, interviews and job opportunities.

-What I'm most excited about, however, is that I'm waiting to hear back about two bids I've submitted. One was a request for a Yoga gym that needed "check-in" sounds for members, and the other is music for a kids game. For the kids quiz game, the creator wanted: Game is a quiz gameshow based in a classroom. Music should be uptempo and cute - particularly influenced by Sims 3 title track but not as "neighbourhoody". Clean loops (no fade ins/outs, breaks, snyc issues). You can find a clip of the music in the media player listed as My School Quiz (Title).  I'd love to hear what you think!

Well, that's enough for now. I'm tired, it's Sunday, and I need a bit of rest. Hope to hear from you and look for more in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment